What we love about smoothies is that you can squeeze plenty of nutrient-rich foods into a single drink. This Creamy Almond Butter and Spinach Shake is a great way to introduce anyone to the world of green smoothies which is food for your skin and body.
Of course drinking one smoothie isn’t going to improve your skin radically, but it is one step forward to obtaining a healthy lifestyle.
Ingredients (serves 1)
1 cup water, or favorite nut milk (we like coconut milk or water)
2 tablespoons raw almond butter
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon spirulina
1 teaspoon moringa powder
2 to 3 soft medjool dates, pitted or 1 frozen banana **
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
1 - 2 teaspoons of Ashwaganda powder (optional)
2 handfuls of ice
With exception of ice, Combine everything in a high-speed blender and blend until the ingredients are completely combined. Add the ice and blend again until smooth. Serve cold! If you don’t have a high-speed blender, soak the chia seeds in the water overnight for easier blending in the morning.
**Note: If you are on a program that minimizes the intake of sugar you can substitute the dates/ banana with the following:
1 cup strawberries or blueberries, frozen or fresh
Spinach is a superfood for sure. This is because it contains several nutrients like vitamin B, C and E, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids. Spinach is high in vitamin A and C. Vitamin A ensures a radiant and bright skin tone while on the other hand, vitamin C aims towards repair of damaged skin cells. This makes you look young and glowing. From a health point Protein accounts for 30% of the calories in spinach
The fiber present in almonds helps in detoxifying the body. Almonds contain an ample amount of vitamin E, which is labeled as a skin-friendly nutrient. Foods rich in vitamin E act as a shield against sun exposure and minimize skin damage. Not to mention they contain Phytochemicals and flavonoids, which controls the progression of breast cancer cells. Something our company is very passionate about eliminating. If you need to up your magnesium intake almonds contain 61% of your daily recommended intake which can help curb sugar cravings, soothe PMS-related cramps, boost bone health, and ease muscle soreness and spasms.
Moringa is an incredible nutrient-dense plant superfood! highly nutritious profile and powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and tissue-protective properties among many other health benefits.
Moringa oleifera, also known as horseradish tree, ben tree, or drumstick tree, is a small tree from India, Pakistan, and Nepal that has been used for generations in Eastern countries to treat and prevent diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, anemia, arthritis, liver disease, and respiratory, skin, and digestive disorders.
Moringa Oleifera leaves and pods contain 90+ nutrients, 46 antioxidants, and 36 anti-inflammatory compounds. Impressive huh!
Some Facts about this Plant:
* Moringa leaves are about 40% protein, with all of the 9 essential amino acids present in various amounts (histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine). Moringa has the highest protein ratio of any plant so far studied on earth.
* Moringa has 4 times the amount of calcium found in milk
* Moringa leaves contain three times the potassium of bananas
* Moringa is one of the few foods that contain chlorophyll together with so many other nutrients.
* Moringa contains 6-7 times more vitamin c than an orangeVitamin C strengthens our immune system and fights infectious diseases including colds and flu.
* Ounce per ounce, Moringa leaves contain over three times the amount of iron found in roast beef, and three times that found in spinach.
* Moringa has 3 to 5 times more beta-carotene than carrots
* Moringa powder contains more than 10 times the recommended daily amount of Vitamin E