Peeked inside your medicine cabinet lately? Chances are - even if you eat organic, clean your home with vinegar and baking soda plus rid your home of toxins - the contents will be the same ones our mothers gave us when we were children.
For some reason, even though many of us try to stock our kitchens with wholesome natural foods, when it comes to our medicine cabinets, it’s habitual to reach for over-the-counter medications.
If this sounds like you, it’s time for a medicine-cabinet makeover.
While there are times you may still want to use conventional medications, such as aspirin, allergy pills or even antibiotic ointment, natural remedies can be just as fast and effective as over-the-counter fixes — sometimes more so.
Best of all, they often have far fewer (if any) pesky or potentially harmful side effects.
We're challenging families to take a hard look at the labels in their medicine cabinet and consider their health-promoting properties
Change starts with the small decisions we make in our everyday lives. You don’t have to replace everything in your cabinet all at once, of course, and not every natural remedy is right for everyone. But if you’re looking to transform your medicine cabinet from retro-conventional to at least partially au naturel, here are a few items you’ll want to consider keeping within reach from our collection of essential oils Healing Drops Roller Blends.
1.. Headache: Sweet and spicy aromas stimulates the mind and energizes the spirit. Soothes and relieves that nagging headache and provides for easy breathing
2. Insomnia: Sleepless nights? Uplifts the mind and balances the body while it enhances rest and happiness. A powerful blend of oils that promote a restful sleep.
3. Anxiety: My personal favorite that I have used for years. Grounding essential oils that help soothe feelings of restlessness, mild anxiety or nervousness.
4. Immune: Support your immune system with spicy overtones and a whiff of citrus that descends into a deep rich herbal undertone
5. Relax: Make it easy to wind down. A blend that promotes peace and tranquility whenever and wherever you need it most. A comforting, fresh aroma, creates a relaxing environment after a full day of work, errands, or whatever fills up your day..
6. Snoring: Do you have someone that snores logs at night in your home. A complex, concentrated and synergistic blend of ten oils that open nasal passages to help lessen the sound of snoring.
7. Allergy: Bring a sense of ease and comfort to your body during allergy season. Quick relief when you are on the go.
8. Pain - When you have arthritis, RLS, leg cramps, sore muscles, joint and chronic pain, sciatica, fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel, and lymphodema. Sore No More a unique and extraordinary pain cream, that consists of infused organic herbs and essential oils that are combined to create a powerful balm that is organic, vegan and cruelty free.
9. Bug Spray: Our certified organic formula contains active ingredients that repel insects naturally. How the Pest was Won
Basic First Aid Supplies:
It’s always a good idea to keep basic first aid supplies handy for cleaning wounds, managing bleeding, and bandaging cuts and scrapes. I keep a variety of these supplies on hand.
Gauze ( 4×4 | 2×2 | rolled – 4 inch + 2 inch )
Bandaids ( variety packs + kid designs )
Various tape ( clear + paper )
Saline solution (yes, this works as a great wound rinse)
Aloe Vera (keep refrigerated)
Colloidal silver (antiseptic, healing)
Natural Healing Tips from your Kitchen:
1. Stomach cramps and bloating: Peppermint Tea, Tablets and Essential Oil - Good for: (use tea or tablets), as well as aches and pains
2. Nausea, indigestion and morning sickness Fresh Ginger is a proven remedy for nausea, indigestion and morning sickness. The herb works by quieting contractions of muscles that surround the stomach and gut.
To use: Slice off a 1/3-inch hunk of fresh ginger. Place it in a mug, fill to the brim with boiling-hot water and let steep for five minutes. Drink as a tea.
3. Antibiotics, warts removal medicine – Oregano essential oil
Comments will be approved before showing up.