Eyelashes are the eyeball's flirtatious bodyguards
Eyelashes frame the eye and draw attention to the face, making eyes look even more beautiful. But women of all ages become very self-conscious when their eyelashes thin or they find lashes falling out.
At one point in my life, my lashes were so long I used to have to trim them. Then all of a sudden, they became weak, brittle and started to break leaving me with a short stubby, nonexistent look...so not amused. In a panic to regain my eyebrow touching lashes, I resorted to artificial solutions ranging from mascara to chemical laden serums and even eyelashes extensions but, they just made my real lashes even weaker.
However, when I became sick and changed my lifestyle and diet I noticed a big difference in growth. Little did I know there are some common factors that lead to the loss of eyelashes: your age, genes, lifestyle, diet and even your hormonal state. Not to mention, shampoos, conditioners, facial toners, and even the eye makeup may be produced using chemicals that cause facial problems like eyelash loss.
Let’s face facts, we can’t grow eyelashes overnight. Lash growing requires patience and there are three growth phases they go through before you notice a difference. For those of you like me who always want to know the science behind the process they are:
So let me shed some light on the factors that will help you have strong killer lashes:
- Victims of frequent eyelash loss are those that do not consume a proper and nutritious diet. Similarly, people eating a lot of processed or junk food are also the ones that have a tendency for slower growth of eyelashes. The simple reason behind this is that since they do not have the essential nutrients that are required for proper growth of eyelashes, they exhibit a slower tendency for their growth. On the other hand, people who have a diet rich in greens have a quicker growth rate.
- Your lifestyle can also heavily affect your growth of eyelashes, Studies have found out that people who do not consume alcohol or smoke cigarettes at all can have a quicker growth of eyelashes as compared to people who drink and smoke cigarettes. Based on these factors and the others that had initiated the loss of eyelashes in the very first place, you will be able to know how long it will take for yours to grow.
- Be Gentle, especially when you're taking off your makeup. The hair follicles where the eyelashes grow are very fragile. Just that trauma of rubbing off eye makeup can cause the hairs to fall out and thin over time. Use soft cotton pads and gentle eye makeup removers and press and hold—don't rub like crazy,
- Condition. Just like the hair on your head, the strands on your lids need TLC, too. I recommend applying a nourishing product like our Lengthy Lash Growth Serum before bed to nourish lashes and prep them to grow longer and stronger. "Put it where you put eyeliner—not on your actual lashes "You want it right at the base of the follicle where new lashes are generated."
- Avoid using fake eyelashes and extensions. These are a quick fix to the problem but longer-term, it will only damage your lashes further. When you take them off you are likely to remove some of your real lashes as well, so it is best to avoid fake lashes altogether, or use them only when it’s absolutely necessary.
- Aloe Vera is a wonderful home remedy that can be used for various purposes. If you want to nourish your eyelashes and make them grow, apply some fresh Aloe Vera gel straight to your lashes before going to bed, using a clean mascara wand, the same way as you apply mascara. Thanks to vitamins and powerful nutrients, Aloe Vera gel will improve the growth of your eyelashes and make them stronger. We are launching our new antioxidant-rich Rose Aloe Cleansing Cream shortly, a perfect match for our lash serum. Each order for our Lash Serum will receive a sample of our Rose Aloe Cleansing Cream while supplies last.
- Remove all makeup at night. The longer your lashes are free from makeup, then the better they will grow. Always remove all your eye makeup at night time, to give your lashes a chance to breathe or, even better, remove it as soon as you get home.
Remember even though lashes add beauty directly through your eyes, they are needed to ensure that dirt cant penetrate your eyes immediately. So treat them with love.
Scientists say eyelashes have an optimal length: a third of the width of the eye.
The longest eyelash on record was 2.75 inches long. Actually, it was 6.99 centimeters to be exact. And believe it or not, a guy holds this record. In comparison, the average lash length is about 10 millimeters.
The hairs on your top lid are much fuller than your lower lash line. In fact, they're almost twice as full with about 200 to 300 lashes. (Your lower lid has about 100.)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.